TNPSC Current Affairs April 2017
1.India to host 18th World Road Meeting
India to host 18th World Road Meeting (WRM 2017) on November 13 at Delhi, as per International Road Federation. The Theme of 2017 edition is “Safe Roads and Smart Mobility: The Engines of Economic Growth”.
World Road Meeting will be attended by over 4000 delegates from across the world. It is the biggest platform for road engineers, safety and transport experts and companies engaged in road safety product.
About IRF and its World Road Meeting:
- International Road Federation(IRF) is non- profit organisation founded in 1948, headquarters is in Washington, USA.
- The motto of the IRF is “Better Roads, Better World”
- IRF conducts World Road Meeting every four years which gives a platform to come together, meet and discuss issues relevant to road infrastructure and mobility and to exhibit and showcase their products
- The Meeting Includes a conference, an exhibition, a young professional lab and an innovation cafe and will also provide an outlet for sharing cutting-edge research, best practices and experiences, from around the world.
- It also discuss important issues facing the road, transport and mobility sectors.
Post a Comment