TNPSC Current Affairs March 2017
Athikadavu-Avinashi water scheme project get Rs 250 Crore Boost.
The Much Awaited Athikadavu-Avinashi water project gets further boost, as Tamil Nadu Government has sanctioned 250 crore for implementing the Project.
This Project aims to recharge ground water as well as solving drinking water problem, by chanelling the surplus water from Pilloor Dam (Athikadavu) during monsonn season to all the dry regions of Coimbatore, Erode mainly in Avinashi and Perundurai.
About Athikadavu-Avinashi Project:
- During monsoon seasons because of extensive rainfall in Niligirs District, River Bhavani gets extensive rainfall which cause excess of water to reach Pillor Dam located in Athikadavu in Melur reserve forest Range, Coimbatore.
- But the High and Dry areas of Coimbatore lack rainfall, so there was excessive bore well digging and erratic pumping of water by the population.
- Due to this water table in the region has gone down tremendously from 600 to 1500 ft below the level.
- So to get back the water level in dry areas, Athikadavu - Avinashi project is going to implement by channeling the surplus water from Pilloor Dam (Athikadavu) during monsoon season to all the dry regions of Coimbatore, Erode mainly in Avinashi and Perundurai.
- Once the Project get implemented , it would recharge back the water table from Deep 1500 feet to just 50 feet from the ground level.
- It also solve the drinking water problem facing in these regions.
Post a Comment