TNPSC Current Affairs March 2017
India envisage Mission Fingerling to achieve Blue Revolution
Government of India has envisaged a mission Fingerling to enable holistic development and management of fisheries. The main aim of Mission Fingerling is to achieve the Blue Revolution target.
The target is to enhance fisheries production from 10.79 mmt (2014-15) to 15 mmt in 2020-21 and also the socio economic development of fishers and fish farmers.
About Mission Fingerling:
- Mission Fingerling will help Fish Fingerling production, which is the only important critical input visualised to achieve fish production targets under Blue Revolution.
- The Mission has identified 20 States as per their potential to strengthen the Fish Seed infrastructure.
- The Mission with an expenditure of about Rs 52,000 lakh will facilitate the establishment of hatcheries and Fingerling rearing pond to ensure the fish production of 426 crores fish fingerling, 25.50 crore post-larvae of shrimp and crab .
- The mission also gives importance on infrastructure, management and conservation of the resources through technology transfer to increase in the income of the fishers and fish farmers.
- Also Production enhancement to achieve with the help of best global innovation also with the combination of production oriented activities like quality fish seeds, cost effective feed and adaptation of good technology.
About Blue Revolution:
Blue Revolution aims to increase the production of fish and Marine products. It was started in 1970 during Fifth five year plan. Blue Revolution helps in rapid increase of fish production with the help of new techniques.