TNPSC Current Affairs April 2017
National Panchayati Raj Day
National Panchayti Raj day is celebrated every year on April 24. The day was marked as passing the constitution act (73rd Amendment) which added a new part IX to the constitution of India, which is titled as “The Panchayats” and consist of provisions from Articles 243 to 243 O
About Panchayati Raj:
- Panchayat Raj signifies the system of rural local self-government.
- It was established in 1958 with the recommendation of Balwant rai G Mehta committee.
- Rajasthan is the first state to establish the Panchayat Raj on Oct 2,1959.
- Panchayat Raj was constitutionalised through the 73rd constitutional amendment Act of 1992 on April 24 1992.
- This act is significant landmark in history as it permits states to take steps to organize village panchayats and provide them with necessary powers and authority necessary to help them to function as units of self-government.
- Since 2010 on this day Union Ministry of Panchayati Raj organises National Conference and awards best performing Gram Panchayats with 'The Panchayat Shashakatikaran Puraskar and Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar
Post a Comment