TNPSC Current Affairs April 2017
1. 1 Crore MGNREGA assets Geo-tagged
Ministry of Rural Development has achieved reaching a new milestone by geotagging one Crore assets under MGNREGA. The Geotagged assets have been put in public Domain.
- To monitor the assets created under MGNREGA the rural job guarantee scheme, the ministry of rural development and the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) signed an agreement on geo-tagging the assets.
- Geo Tagging is the process of adding geographical identification of the work and bring to notice the amount spent on it and the number of people on the job and how it looks.
- It helps in online recording and monitoring of assets created under rural job scheme to check leakages and lead to more transparency and ensure accountability at ground level .
- Around 3 million assets are created annually across the country under the rural jobs scheme.
- Gram Rozgar Sahayak or junior engineer will take a photo of an asset created by the scheme and will upload the photo on the mobile app “Bhuvan” web portal which is created by ISRO.
- Once the photo is uploaded, the location and time will get encoded and there will be an option to add more information according to parameters.
2.First ‘India Indonesia Energy Forum’ held in Jakarta , Indonesia.
First India and Indonesia Energy Forum held in Jakarta, Indonesia. MoU has been signed during an occasion between the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India and the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources of the Republic of Indonesia on cooperation in the field of Oil and Gas.
- The Memorandum of Understanding is to establish a cooperative institutional framework to facilitate and to enhance bilateral cooperation in the field of oil and gas sectors on the basis of equality and mutual benefit.
- India is 3rd largest importer of coal from Indonesia.
- India’s imports of coal from Indonesia amounted to US$ 3.5 billion in 2016.
- The bilateral trade between two countries stood at US$ 15.90 billion in 2015-16.
- There is also agreement on both sides to increase the exports from India to Indonesia to improve the trade balance.
Post a Comment