TNPSC Current affairs April 2017
Railway declared Barmer-Munawab and Pipad Road-Bilara rail routes as Green Corridors.
The North Western Railway, Rajasthan has declared the Barmer-Munwab and Pipad Raod-Bilara Rail as Green Corridors. Both the Rail route is in Rajasthan.
With this India’s Green Corridors has increase to 3, the first of its kind is between Manamadurai-Rameshwaram Rail Route and become the India’s First Green Corridor.
About Green Corridor and Bio toilets.
- Trains will be equipped with bio-toilets to ensure zero discharge of human waste on the rail tracks which help in preventing the corrosion as well as clean environment.
- As part of Swachh Rail-Swachh Bharat initiative, all the trains will equipped with bio-toilets by September 2019 .
- Bio toilets are environmental friendly developed in association with DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation)
- Bio toilet is a decomposition mechanized toilet system, which decomposes the human waste in the digestive tank using Anaerobic bacteria which will convert the human waste into water, methane and Carbon-dioxide.
- Anaerobic Bacteria used in Bio-toilets have been collected and analysed by DRDO from Antartica which can work in extreme temperatures as low as -5°C and as high as 50°C.
Post a Comment