TNPSC Current Affairs March 2017
Inauguration of ‘Test Bed’ of IAAMS at INS Rajali
'The first ever ‘Integrated Automatic Aviation Meteorological System (IAAMS)’ was inaugurated at INS Rajali, Arakonam, Tamil Nadu. It was inaugurated by Admiral Sunil Lamba,PVSM, AVSM, ADC Chief of the Naval Staff.
'About the project.
- 'The project aims to to modernise the meteorological infrastructure of the nine Naval Air Stations (NAS) of Indian Navy.
- 'INS Rajali was identified for this ambitious project which will be setting up in "Test Bed" site where the complete integrated system has been tested for its reliability, performance and functioning.
- 'This Project will be a'major fillip to aviation safety, through automation of weather monitoring process
- 'It is equipped wit hstate of the art Meteorological Sensors viz., Radar Vertical Wind Profiler, Transmissometer, Ceilometer and Automatic Weather Observation System which will help in accurate weather forecasting. It also make alarm the duty staff during abnormal change of weather parameters
- 'Intstallation of similar project in other 8 NAS will be expected to be completed by 2019.
- 'About Test Bed
- 'A test bed is a site for conducting rigorous, transparent, and replicable testing of scientific theories, computational tools, and new technologies
Post a Comment