TNPSC Current Affairs March 2017
1.Inauguration of ‘Test Bed’ of IAAMS at INS Rajali
'The first ever ‘Integrated Automatic Aviation Meteorological System (IAAMS)’ was inaugurated at INS Rajali, Arakonam, Tamil Nadu. It was inaugurated by Admiral Sunil Lamba,PVSM, AVSM, ADC Chief of the Naval Staff.
'About the project.
- 'The project aims to to modernise the meteorological infrastructure of the nine Naval Air Stations (NAS) of Indian Navy.
- 'INS Rajali was identified for this ambitious project which will be setting up in "Test Bed" site where the complete integrated system has been tested for its reliability, performance and functioning.
- 'This Project will be a'major fillip to aviation safety, through automation of weather monitoring process
- 'It is equipped wit hstate of the art Meteorological Sensors viz., Radar Vertical Wind Profiler, Transmissometer, Ceilometer and Automatic Weather Observation System which will help in accurate weather forecasting. It also make alarm the duty staff during abnormal change of weather parameters
- 'Intstallation of similar project in other 8 NAS will be expected to be completed by 2019.
- 'About Test Bed
- 'A test bed is a site for conducting rigorous, transparent, and replicable testing of scientific theories, computational tools, and new technologies.
2.Indian Navy's Light Craft Utility ship - INLCU-L51 - was commissioned
'Vice Admiral Bimal Verma, AVSM, Commander-in-Chief, Andaman and Nicobar Command has commisioned the Indian Navy's Light Craft Utility ship -INLCU-L51 to Indian Navy at Port blair.
'About the Ship.
- 'INLCU L51 is the first of the 8ship of LCU Mk IV class , which was built by kolkata based, M/s Garden Reach Ship Builders & Engineers Ltd
- 'it adds as one of the important chapter in Country's ‘Make in India’ initiatives & indigenisation efforts in the field of warship design and construction.
- 'The ship will be carrying out maritime surveillance of Andaman & Nicobar Islands for preventing anti-poaching, illegal fishing, drug trafficking, human trafficking, poaching and other illegal activities.
- 'Ship also helps in Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations of the Andaman and Nicobar Command
- 'The ship is propelled by 02 MTU diesel engines of 1840 Kw rating and can attain speed upto 15 knots. It is equipped with two 30 mm CRN -91 guns ,12.7 mm Heavy Machine Guns and 7.62 mm Medium Machine Guns.
3.'Border Out Posts on Indo-Bangladesh Boarder
'Indian Government has approved construction of Border Out Posts (BOPs) by Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) in Chittagong Hill Tracts area.
'In the Approval , government of India will provide Security and logistics support to BGB by way of using Indian border roads in the States of Tripura and Mizoram for constructing BOP.
'Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju in his written statement said that Government has adopted a multipronged approach for security arrangements at the borders to curb smuggling and infiltration.
'The arrangements include deployment of Border Guarding Force , construction of border fence, construction of border roads, installation of floodlights, construction of Border Out Posts , introduction of Hi-tech surveillance equipments, providing advanced weapons and specialized vehicles to Security Forces, etc.
4.'Army Released the book "Home of the Brave"
'General Bipin Rawat, released the book ‘Home of the Brave’ on the history of Indian Army’s Counter Insurgency Force, the Rashtriya Rifles (RR), which is authored by Mr Nitin A Gokhale, Defence & Security Analyst and Brig S K Chatterji (Retired).
Post a Comment