TNPSC Current Affairs July 2017
1.India and the RCEP
India is looking forward for the negotiations for a Mega Free Trade Agreement called the RCEP (Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership) with the ten ASEAN member states and the group’s Free Trade Agreement partners.
2. Project Mausam: Maritime Routes and Cultural Landscapes
Project Mausam is an initiative of Ministry of Culture with Archaeological Society of India (ASI), New Delhi as the nodal agency and Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi as its Research Unit. Project Mausam was launched in June, 2014 during 38th session of the World Heritage Committee
- The project aims to re-connect and re-establish communications between countries of the Indian Ocean world, which would lead to an enhanced understanding of cultural values and concerns; also focus is on understanding national cultures in their regional maritime milieu.
- The Main objective of the project is to inscribe places and sites identified under Project Mausam as trans-national nomination for inscription on UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
- Once Project Mausam gets the heritage status, no other project can interfere with the designated area.
- India has identified 39 countries, including China and Pakistan, to be brought under this project.
3.High Altitude Cloud Observatory near Munnar, Kerala
A high altitude cloud physics observatory has been established at Munnar, Kerala in Western Ghats, the region which is gateway for the monsoon of India. It will used to observe cloud and rain processes over that region with state of the art observations.
It will help to understand the rainfall distribution and will allow better characterization of rainfall processes in the numerical models used for prediction of monsoon rainfall
It will help in monitoring cloud and rainfall processes enable for accurate representation of cloud micro-physical process in forecast models to improve over all skill of rainfall prediction for severe weather phenomena viz, heavy rainfall, thunderstorm etc., not only over Kerala but for the entire
Source: Business Standard
4.Protection and Preservation of Endangered Languages of India’ (SPPEL)
Central Government has initiated a Scheme known as Protection and Preservation of Endangered Languages of India’ (SPPEL), being implemented by Central Institute of Indian Languages (CIIL), Mysore. It aims to protect, preserve, and document all the mother tongues or languages of India which are spoken by less than1000 People.
5.V.O.Chidambaranar Port gets National Award for Excellence in Cost Management
2016 National Award for Excellence in Cost Management has bagged by V.O Chidambaranar Port from ‘The Institute of Cost Accountants of India’ under the category “Transportation and Logistics”