TNPSC Current Affairs May 2017
India to boycott China’s One Belt One Road
India to boycott China's high profile belt and Road initiative called as One Belt one Road project, the 2 day forum which is going to be held on Sunday in Beijing, which is being attended by 29 leaders from various countries including Pakistan, US, Russia, IMF and Other international Organisation.
India is going to boycott forum due to sovereign issue over Rs 5,000 crore China-Pakistan Economic Corridor(CPEC), which passes through Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
About One Belt One Road project:
- To review the Ancient Silk road which connects Asia with Africa and Europe, Chinese President Xi Jinping announced One Belt One Road project in 2013
- The initiative will include Road, Ports and Railways by linking the countries for greater trade.
- The project was already launched in various countries like Kenya, Tajikistan, Thailand and Vietnam
- India was worried about the project, because as part of China's One Belt One Road project , there was a proposed $1.3 B Karakoram Highway Expansion as part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
- CPEC runs through PoK (Pakistan Occupied Kashmir) which was a Indian Territory illegally occupied by Pakistan.
- China Pakistan Economic Corridor includes power plants, roads and railways which will link China’s western region of Xinjiang to the Gwadar port of Pakistan.
- This will give more access to Pakistan and China in PoK Region, which will be major concern of Sovereignty and integrity of India
Post a Comment