TNPSC Current Affairs May 2017
1.Cabinet Approves re-structuring the Scheme SAMPADA.
Union Cabinet has given its approval for re-structuring the schemes of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries for Rs 6,000 crore under new Central Sector Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters (SAMPADA) for the period 2016-20.
The Decision was taken in the meeting of committee on economic affairs headed by Prime minister Narendra Modi
- The objective of this scheme is to supplement agriculture, modernize processing and decrease agri-waste.
- With the allocation of Rs 6,000 crore which expected to leverage investment of Rs. 31,400 crore and handling of 334 lakh tonnes of agro-produce valuing Rs. 1,04,125 crore.
- this scheme also benefit 20 lakh farmers and generate 5,30,500 direct and indirect employment in the country by the year 2019-20.
- It is is an umbrella scheme incorporating ongoing schemes of the Ministry like Mega Food Parks, Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure, Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure, etc.
- Implementation of SAMPADA will result in creation of modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management and will provide better prices to farmers and achieve the government’s target to double farmers income by 2022.
2.New Nationl policy for Steel 2017
The Union cabinet has given its approval for National Steel Policy (NSP) 2017. The meeting was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The new policy will seeks to enhance domestic steel consumption and ensure high quality steel production and create a technologically advanced and globally competitive steel industry.
In Simple the new National Steel Policy 2017 aims to make India self-sufficient in steel production.
Features of the NSP 2017(source PIB)
- New Policy will Create self-sufficiency in steel production by providing policy support & guidance to private manufacturers, MSME steel producers, CPSEs
- It Encourage adequate capacity additions,
- Development of globally competitive steel manufacturing capabilities, Cost-efficient production
- Domestic availability of iron ore, coking coal & natural gas, Facilitating foreign investment
- Asset acquisitions of raw materials & Enhancing the domestic steel demand.
Post a Comment