TNPSC Current Affairs June 2017
Indian Space research Organisation (ISRO) will launch it earth observation satellite Cartosat-2E series and 30 other satellites with its rocket polar satellite launch vehicle (PSLV) on Friday.
The total weight of all satellite is 955 kg, in this Cartosat weight about 712 kg and other 30 satellite will together weigh 243 kg.
- Cartosat Series of Satellite is an earth observation satellite built indigenously by India mainly intended for cartographic application.
- Cartosat is a combination of Cartography( means study and practice of making maps) and Satellite.
- It will be very useful for Earth’s resource management and monitoring.
- It is useful in useful for cartographic applications, urban and rural applications, coastal land use and regulation, utility management like road network monitoring, water distribution, creation of land use maps and more.
- Till now ISRO has launched 6 satellite in Cartosat Series, Cartosat 1 in 2005, Cartosat 2 in 2007, Cartosat 2A in 2008, Cartosat 2B in 2010, Cartosat 2C in 2014, Cartosat 2D in Feb 2017 and Cartosat 2E coming Friday(23rd June 2017).