TNPSC VAO functions and Duties-VAO Study Material
Duties and Responsibilities of Village administrative Officer(VAO)
- The major role of VAO is maintenance of Village accounts and Azmoish
- VAO is responsible for collecting Land tax, Panchayat Taxes and other dues .
- VAO is responsible and maintain peace in Village, he should inform any violence, unnatural death , caste fight, encroachment , Natural calamities, etc to the Higher Officials.
- Issuing Chitta and Adangal for obtaining loan from Co-Operative Societies and other banks,
- He is responsible to provide Community, Nativity, Income certificate for particular Village.
- He is responsible of Issuing Certificate to farmers for various loans after inspecting recors and enquiry on Ground reality.
- He is responsible for re- locate the people and provide food if there is any natural calamities
- He Maintains all the accounts relating to cultivation, irrigation etc.
- In Total VAO is responsible person for particular Village in all matter.