TNPSC Current Affairs June 2017
Mamata Banerjee Chief minister of West Bengal has received the highest prize in United Nations Public Service Award for the state government's Kanyashree Prakalpa (Girl Child) scheme in The Hague, Netherlands.
About the Scheme:
- KAnyashree Prakalpa was launched in Oct 2013 by Chief minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee.
- The Scheme is a conditional cash transfer aimed at improving the status of girl child , giving incentive to all teenage girls in schools and other institutions, along with preventing child marriage till the age of 18.
- The scheme targeted all girl children within the age of 13 to 19 years from families with annual income below Rs 1,20,000.
- More than four million adolescent girls are benefited under this scheme.
- As per the scheme , money will be directly transferred to the beneficiaries bank account.