TNPSC Current affairs April 2017
11th Inter-State Council meet chaired by Home Minister.
The 11th Inter-State Council‘s standing committee meeting Chaired by Home minister Rajnath Singh held on Sunday. The meeting has discussed the recommendation of the Punchhi Commission on Centre-State relations.
The committee has discussed the II and III rd volume of Punchii commission’s recommendation.
About Punchii Commission:
Government of India constituted the commission on Inter-state relation under chairmanship of Justice Madan Mohan Punchhi, former Chief Justice of India on 2007. The commission has examined and reviewed the working of existing arrangements between Union and States and submitted its recommendation on March 2010.
- It recommended 273 recommendation in its 7 volume report, they are
- History of Centre-State Relations in India;
- Constitutional Governance and Management of Centre-State Relations;
- Centre-State Financial Relations and Planning;
- Local Self-Governments and Decentralized governance;
- Internal Security, Criminal Justice and Centre State Co-operation;
- Environment, Natural Resources & Infrastructure;
- and Socio-Economic Development, Public Policy and Good Governance.