TNPSC Current affairs April 2017
Lakh Sabha passed Constitution’s 123rd Amendment Bill, 2017
Lokh sabha has passed the 123rd Constitution Amendment bill. The bill will give constitutional status to National commission for Backward class. Previously Backward Classes Commission has only statutory powers.
This amendment will insert new article 338B in Constitution and new clause 26C under Article 366 will define the term “ socially and Educationally backward class”.
- The New Amendment will create National Commission for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes ( NSEBC as) under new article 338B in constitution.
- It will replace current National Commission for Backward classes act, 1993 and its rules framed under the act.
- It will insert provision to provide parliament’s approval for every inclusion into and exclusion from the central list of other backward classes under article 341,342 viz 342A.
- It also define the term “Socially and Educationally Backward classes” inserting new clause (26C) under Article 366
- It will dissolute the commission constituted under act 1993 and will compose new commission “National commission for socially and Educationally Backward classes, with a chairperson, vice chairperson and 3 other members.