TNPSC Current affairs April 2017
1.11th Inter-State Council meet chaired by Home Minister.
The 11th Inter-State Council‘s standing committee meeting Chaired by Home minister Rajnath Singh held on Sunday. The meeting has discussed the recommendation of the Punchhi Commission on Centre-State relations.
The committee has discussed the II and III rd volume of Punchii commission’s recommendation.
About Punchii Commission:
Government of India constituted the commission on Inter-state relation under chairmanship of Justice Madan Mohan Punchhi, former Chief Justice of India on 2007. The commission has examined and reviewed the working of existing arrangements between Union and States and submitted its recommendation on March 2010.
- It recommended 273 recommendation in its 7 volume report, they are
- History of Centre-State Relations in India;
- Constitutional Governance and Management of Centre-State Relations;
- Centre-State Financial Relations and Planning;
- Local Self-Governments and Decentralized governance;
- Internal Security, Criminal Justice and Centre State Co-operation;
- Environment, Natural Resources & Infrastructure;
- and Socio-Economic Development, Public Policy and Good Governance.
2.Lakh Sabha passed Constitution’s 123rd Amendment Bill, 2017
Lokh sabha has passed the 123rd Constitution Amendment bill. The bill will give constitutional status to National commission for Backward class. Previously Backward Classes Commission has only statutory powers.
This amendment will insert new article 338B in Constitution and new clause 26C under Article 366 will define the term “ socially and Educationally backward class”.
- The New Amendment will create National Commission for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes ( NSEBC as) under new article 338B in constitution.
- It will replace current National Commission for Backward classes act, 1993 and its rules framed under the act.
- It will insert provision to provide parliament’s approval for every inclusion into and exclusion from the central list of other backward classes under article 341,342 viz 342A.
- It also define the term “Socially and Educationally Backward classes” inserting new clause (26C) under Article 366
- It will dissolute the commission constituted under act 1993 and will compose new commission “National commission for socially and Educationally Backward classes, with a chairperson, vice chairperson and 3 other members.