TNPSC Current Affairs April 2017
First ‘India Indonesia Energy Forum’ held in Jakarta , Indonesia.
First India and Indonesia Energy Forum held in Jakarta, Indonesia. MoU has been signed during an occasion between the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India and the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources of the Republic of Indonesia on cooperation in the field of Oil and Gas.
- The Memorandum of Understanding is to establish a cooperative institutional framework to facilitate and to enhance bilateral cooperation in the field of oil and gas sectors on the basis of equality and mutual benefit.
- India is 3rd largest importer of coal from Indonesia.
- India’s imports of coal from Indonesia amounted to US$ 3.5 billion in 2016.
- The bilateral trade between two countries stood at US$ 15.90 billion in 2015-16.
- There is also agreement on both sides to increase the exports from India to Indonesia to improve the trade balance.