TNPSC Current Affairs April 2017
Union Cabinet approves Collaboration Agreement to support the Belmont Forum Secretariat
The Union Cabinet has given its nod for signing of the collaborative agreement with French National research Agency (ANR) for supporting the Belmont Forum secretariat which is based in France. As per agreement the support is from January 2015 to December 2017 at cost of Euro 40,000 and also continued financial support further 2017
About Belmont Forum:
- The Belmont Forum is a group of world’s major and emerging funders of global environment change research which is created in 2009.
- It aims to accelerate the delivery of the international environmental research priorities for the society, by way of trans-national research collaboration between natural and social scientist and alignment of international resources,
- The members are Austria, Australia, Brazil, China, the European Commission, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Norway, Qatar, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, the United Kingdom and the USA.
- For coordination the activities of the Belmont, a Secretariat is hosted by one of the Member on rotational basis. ANR France is hosting the Secretariat from Jan 2015 to Dec 2017.
- All the expense of hosting will be borne by member countries