Latest Government Jobs and updates

Monday

TNPSC Current Affairs 2016 October 24

TNPSC Current Affairs 2016 October


TNPSC Exam Point of View current Affairs

1. Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana (UDAY) - Tamil Nadu Likely to join.

Tamil Nadu Decided to join the Central Governmen't's Scheme of UDAY (Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana) to achieve financial turnaround of state-owned power distribution Companies.

This Scheme will help State -owned Power distribution companies that the State shall take over 75 % of DISCOM Debt in 2 Phases and for remaining 25 % state Government will issue bonds as Guarantee. It also makes the State to take over the future losses of DISCOMS from 2016-17 next financial year.

Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (TANGEDCO) -Tamil Nadu Impact

Once the Scheme implemented the Tamil Nadu state Government has to bear the 30,000 Crore Debt of TANGEDCO. This Scheme makes the DISCOM's Debt to be moved to State Government Balance Sheet and increase in  liability and debt may increase due to issue of bond by State Government .

Benefits for TANGEDCO

This Scheme will help to move TANGEDCO's Debt to Tamil Nadu State Government which will save Rs 3000 crore annually. From Next fiscal year State Government has to bear the Losses occurring in TANGEDCO

What is UDAY?

Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana is a central Government Scheme to financial turnaround and revival package for electricity distribution companies of India to get permanent solution for financial Crisis for Electricity board. It is introduced in November 2015 by Power, Coal & New Renewable Energy, Minister of State, Shri Piyush Goyal.


Four Important Initiatives:
  • Improving Ooperational efficiencies
  • Reduction of Cost Power
  • Reduction of Interest Cost
  • Enforcing Financial Discipline

2.HABITAT III

HABITAT III  is a  United nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable urban Development which is held in Quito, Ecuador on Oct 17-20 2016. The Challenges of rapidly urbanising world and providing people with equal opportunities in cities were the central theme 2016 

This is United Nations 3rd in the series since 1976 to reinvigorate the global political commitment to the sustainable development of town, cities, and other human settlements both rural and urban.

3. INS VIRAT

The World's Oldest Aircraft Carrier , INS Virat has given the Grand send-off in Kochi . INS Virat was towed by 3 tugs to Mumbai from Kochi. It was First commissioned in 1959. This was the last British Built Ship serving for Indian Navy.

4. President of India , Pranab Mukherjee is to visit the Nepal in November to address the differences between Groups in Plain and Kathmandu Valley that led the Month - long blockade in 2015.


Not Important to Exam: But to Know

1. The recently concluded 36 Rafael French Fighter Deal, Reliance group and French Partner Dassault will be commissioned in Reliance Nagpur SEZ as joint venture as Dassault Reliance Aerospace.

2.State Postal Department has introduced to get Post Cards, Revenue stamps, Envelopes, postage stamps and inland letters to their Door Steps by Post man.



No comments:

Post a comment