TNPSC Current Affairs July 2017
1.Indian Scientist discovered “Saraswati” a super cluster of galaxies.
Indian Scientist has claimed to discovered a super cluster of galaxies , which is some 4000 million light years away from Earth and named it as Saraswati after the Hindu goddess of knowledge.
It was discovered by astronomers from the Inter University Centre for Astronomy & Astrophysics (IUCAA), and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), in Pune, Maharashtra.
About Super clusters:
- Super clusters are the largest Coherent structures seen in the Universe.
- It is a group of clusters of galaxies, bound by gravity, often stretching to several hundred times the size of clusters of galaxies, consisting of tens of thousands of galaxies.
- There are only four or five known super clusters of this size in the universe.
- The first large supercluster to be discovered was the Shapley supercluster.
2.India’s first TISC to set up in Punjab
The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) to establish India’s first Technology and Innovation Support Center (TISC) at Patent Information Centre, Punjab, under the World Intellectual Property Organization’s (WIPO) TISC program.
The aim of the programme is to “ stimulate a dynamic, vibrant and balanced Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) system in India to foster creativity and innovation, thereby promoting entrepreneurship and enhancing social, economic and cultural development by establishing a network of TISCs in India” _by official statement.
3.Environment Minister to Dedicate NCSCM to the Nation
As part of a new National Coastal Mission, De.Harsh Vardhan will dedicate the will dedicate the National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management (NCSCM) to the nation at Chennai
Objective of NCSCM: (as per official release)
- Institute will help in Promoting integrated and sustainable management of the coastal and marine areas in the country for the benefit and well-being of the traditional coastal and island communities.
- It also helps in Strengthening capacity of coastal management at all levels, including stakeholders.
- It also advise Union and State governments and other associated stakeholders on policy and scientific matters related to Integrated Coastal Zone Management;
- Striving to become a world class institution through cutting-edge research pertaining to understanding coastal zones, coastal processes, integrated planning and management of coastal and marine areas..
Post a Comment