TNPSC Current Affairs July 2017
1.Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air missile (QRSAM) successfully test-fired.
India successfully test fired Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) which was developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). It was tested from ITR Chandipur , near Odisha coast.
About the Test:
- It has strike range of 25 to 30 km which is capable of engaging multiple target.
- All the technologies and subsystems which is incorporated in the missile are performed well.
- All the radars , Electro Optical Systems, Telemetry Systems and other stations have tracked the Missile and monitored all the Parameters during the test.
2.Indo-Thai joint military exercise Maitree 2017
A 14 day Indo-Thai Joint military training exercise Maitree 2017 has started at Bakloh, chamba district of Himachal Pradesh. The objective of exercise is to build and promote bilateral Army-to-Army relations and enhance inter-operability between both countries.
- Maitree is a joint annual exercise between armies of India and Thailand
- Exercise Maitree was last held at Krabi, Thailand in 2016 between Indian army and the Royal Thailand Army.
- The exercise included combined training, familiarization with weapons & equipment used by both the countries,
- It also helps in analysing groupings, drills and tactics while operating in counter terrorism environment and more.
- This Exercise was anan excellent opportunity to understand and learn from each other’s experiences.
3.KK Venugopal appointed as next Attorney General of India
Senior advocate K K Venugopal has appointed as 15th Attorney General of India succeeding Mukul Rohatgi.
Post a Comment