TNPSC Current Affairs July 2017,3
A 14 day Indo-Thai Joint military training exercise Maitree 2017 has started at Bakloh, chamba district of Himachal Pradesh. The objective of exercise is to build and promote bilateral Army-to-Army relations and enhance inter-operability between both countries.
- Maitree is a joint annual exercise between armies of India and Thailand
- Exercise Maitree was last held at Krabi, Thailand in 2016 between Indian army and the Royal Thailand Army.
- The exercise included combined training, familiarization with weapons & equipment used by both the countries,
- It also helps in analysing groupings, drills and tactics while operating in counter terrorism environment and more.
- This Exercise was anan excellent opportunity to understand and learn from each other’s experiences.