TNPSC Current Affairs May 2017
Odisha’s Sualgiri, Swalgiri Notified as Scheduled Castes
Odhisha’s Sualgiri, Swalgiri Communites have been notified as Scheduled castes following President Pranab Mukherjee’s approval. The Bill already passed in April and it was cleared by Lok Sabha in March.
The members of the community included in Scheduled castes will get certain privileges or concession under the provisions of Article 341 of the Indian constitution.
About Article 341.
- Article 341 defines as to who should be in schedule Caste.
- President can issue the list of Scheduled caste in relation to a state or union territory after having consultation with the concerned State or union Territory.
- Any subsequent inclusion in or exclusion from the list of Scheduled Castes can be effected through an Act of Parliament as envisaged under clause (2) of Article 341.
- Once the bill becomes an Act member of the community included in the Scheduled cast list will be able to get benefits meant for Scheduled castes under the existing schemes..
- Important benefits include Post Matric Scholarship, National Overseas Scholarship, Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship, Top Class Education, Concessional Loans from National Scheduled Castes Financeand Development Corporation, Hostels for SC Boys and Girls etc
- They also entitled to the benefits of reservation in services and admission to educational institutions.
Post a Comment