TNPSC Current Affairs March 2017
India ranked 131 on UN development report 2016.
India has been ranked 131 on united nation development Programme (UNDP) 2016 among 188 countries in Human development as per the latest human development report released by UNDP.
- The human development index which ranks the countries based on following such as life expectancy, Education and standard of living. It was developed by India’s Amartya sen and Pakistan’s Misbah ul Haq.
- If the country has higher life expectancy, higher level of education and higher living standard will be ranking on top.
- India has Ranked 131 among 188 countries, even India is behind South Asian countries like Sri Lanka and Maldives , they were ranked 73 and 105 respectively.
- India was categorised under the “Medium human development category” which has HDI of 0.624.
- However India’s HDI has increased by 46% from 0.428 to 0.624 between 1990 to 2015, next only to China among BRICS Nation. China has increased its HDI as 48 % and ranked 90th position.
Below are top 3 countries as per Human development report.