TNPSC Current Affairs March 2017
1.Union Cabinet approves new commission for socially, educationally backward classes.
Union Cabinet has approved setting up of National commission for Socially and educationally backward classes (NSEBC) as a constitutional body which will replace existing National Commission for Backward class (NCBC). The union cabinet was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
This amendment will insert new article 338B in Constitution and new clause 26C under Article 366 will define the term “ socially and Educationally backward classes”.
- The New Amendment will create National Commission for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes ( NSEBC as) under new article 338B in constitution.
- It will replace current National Commission for Backward classes act, 1993 and its rules framed under the act.
- It will insert provision to provide parliament’s approval for every inclusion into and exclusion from the central list of other backward classes under article 341,342 viz 342A.
- It also define the term “Socially and Educationally Backward classes” inserting new clause (26C) under Article 366
- It will dissolute the commission constituted under act 1993 and will compose new commission “National commission for socially and Educationally Backward classes, with a chairperson, vice chairperson and 3 other members.
2.World Economic forum-India ranks 87th on energy architecture performance
India ranked 87th on Energy architecture performance by World Economic forum. India has marginally improved from its 90th rank last year. India also ranks among the worst for pollution.
Switzerland was topped in the list released by World economic Forum and followed by Norway, Sweden, Denmark and France, Bahrain is ranked the lowest at 127th position.
As per findings, world biggest energy consumers are struggle to take leading position on the index as they grapple with inherent challenges of their large, complex energy systems and are outperformed by more nimble economies.
As per WEF, India is gradually improving its performance on the index and facing uphill battle to increase energy access and security.
Even large percentage of the population is still lacks access to electricity. Government of India is taking action on improving this position by increase solar power capacity to 100 gigawatts by 2022.
About World Economic Forum:
World Economic Forum is a Non-profit organisation established in 1991 Cologny, Switzerland. It is formerly known as European Management Forum. It is committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.