TNPSC Current Affairs March 2017
The Enemy Property (Amendment and Validation) Bill, 2016 passed in Parliament.
Parliament has passed the Enemy Property (Amendment and Validation) Bill 2016, it was already passed in lokh Sabha and passed in Rajya Sabha through voice vote last week. It provided the government of India to Seize the properties left behind by those who migrated to Pakistan or China after wars.
The Bill amends the Enemy property Act,1968, for the person who migrated to Pakistan and China baring them to take over their properties.
About the Amendment:
- Amend is to vest all rights, titles and interests over enemy property in the custodian and declares transfer of property by enemy as void.
- It applies retrospectively to all transfers that have occurred after the act was passed.
- The definition of “enemy” and “enemy subject” to include the legal Heirs or successors of the enemy, even if the latter is a citizen of India or Non-enemy country.
- As per new bill, the law of succession will not apply to the legal heirs or successor of the enemy.
- Bill also prohibits civil courts and other authorities from entertaining disputes related to enemy property.