TNPSC Current Affairs March 2017
Indian Navy's Light Craft Utility ship - INLCU-L51 - was commissioned
'Vice Admiral Bimal Verma, AVSM, Commander-in-Chief, Andaman and Nicobar Command has commisioned the Indian Navy's Light Craft Utility ship -INLCU-L51 to Indian Navy at Port blair.
'About the Ship.
- 'INLCU L51 is the first of the 8ship of LCU Mk IV class , which was built by kolkata based, M/s Garden Reach Ship Builders & Engineers Ltd
- 'it adds as one of the important chapter in Country's ‘Make in India’ initiatives & indigenisation efforts in the field of warship design and construction.
- 'The ship will be carrying out maritime surveillance of Andaman & Nicobar Islands for preventing anti-poaching, illegal fishing, drug trafficking, human trafficking, poaching and other illegal activities.
- 'Ship also helps in Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations of the Andaman and Nicobar Command
- 'The ship is propelled by 02 MTU diesel engines of 1840 Kw rating and can attain speed upto 15 knots. It is equipped with two 30 mm CRN -91 guns ,12.7 mm Heavy Machine Guns and 7.62 mm Medium Machine Guns.