TNPSC Current Affairs June 2017
1.ISRO had launched heaviest rocket from Sriharikota.
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) had launched heaviest ever rocket Geo Synchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark III (GSLV Mk III ). It carried 3,136-kg GSAT-19 communications satellite, the heaviest ever lifted by an Indian rocket till date.
The rocket can use take "Indians into space from Indian soil". The rocket is said to be as heavy as 200 full-grown Asian
- GSLV Mark III launch vehicle is capable of launching more than 4 ton satellites in geostationary orbit and 8 tonnes in a low Earth Orbit .
- ISRO is planned to send India’s Crew to space with the help GSLV Mk III rocket.
- GSLV MK III` consists of 2 solid strap on motors, one earth storable liquid core stage and the upper cryogenic stage- C25.
About Cryogenic Engine:
- Cryogenic is the study of substances at very low temperature in which gases like nitrogen, hydrogen and oxygen become liquid at minus 150 degree or less.
- This is the reason we called this as cryogenics engine, which use liquid hydrogen and oxygen as fuel that are stored at minus 253 degrees and then ignited to burn at plus hundreds of degrees centigrade
- 'Cryogenic Engine was first used by US in 1963. India took almost 20 years to develop Cryogenic Engine.
About GSAT- 19
It is a multi-beam satellite with a mass of 3200 kg that will carry Ka and Ku band payload along with a Geostationary Radiation Spectrometer (GRASP) payload to monitor and study the nature of the charged particles and influence of space radiation on spacecraft and electronic components.It has life span of 10 years.
2.Census conducted in Orang tiger reserve, Assam.
Scientist has found 28 tigers in latest census conducted in Rajiv Gandhi Orang Tiger Reserve, Assam. It is the 49th Tiger Reserve which was declared last year.
About the Orang Tiger Reserve:
- It is located on the north bank of the Brahmaputra, spread over Darrang and Sonitpur Districts of Assam.
- It is the fourth tiger Reserve forest in Assam, which has the smallest core of 78.28 sq.km.
- Orang Tiger Reserve is often called as the Mini Kaziranga due to its similar landscape.
- Orang tiger reserve has the highest density nationally of 35.44 sq.km, if we calculate density of tigers for 100 Sq.km,
- All India tiger estimation programme of the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) has revealed this count.
3.June 5 World Environment day
World Environment day has celebrated on June 5 all over the world with the 2017 theme of “connecting People to nature”.
It was chosen by this year hosting country Canada, with the aim to urges people to get outdoors and into nature to appreciate its beauty and its importance and call to protect the earth we share.
World Environment day was first celebrated in 1972, in order to raise the awareness to the people to safeguard the environment with the theme of “ Only one Earth”
Post a Comment