TNPSC Current Affairs May 2017
Indore topped in Swachh Survekshan – 2017
Indore (Madhy Pradesh) has emerged as India's Cleanest city as per Swachh Survekshan 2017. The survey was conducted in 434 cities and towns around country.
The top 10 cities were Indore, followed by Bhopal, Visakhapatnam, Surat, Mysuru, Tiruchirapally, New Delhi Municipal Council, Navi Mumbai, Vadodara and Chandigarh .
The Bottom 10 towns were Gonda (Uttar Pradesh) ranked 434 followed by Bhusawal (Maharashtra), Bagaha (Bihar), Hardoi (UP), Katihar (Bihar), Bahraich (Uttar Pradesh), Muktsar (Punjab), Muktsar (Punjab) and Khurja (Uttar Pradesh).
About Swachh Survekhsan.
- The Swachh Survekshan is a survey commissioned by the Ministry of Urban Development under Swach Bharat Mision.
- It was launched on Oct 2nd 2014 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Objective of the survey is to encourage all citizen to create awareness about the importance of working together towards making towns and cities a better place to live.
- It also intends towards healthy competition among towns and cities to improve their commitement towards creating cleaner cities and towns to the citizens.
- The survey was conducted by Quality Council of India (QCI) to review the sanitation and hygiene conditions of major Cities.
- The survey includes all major cities with population of more than 1 million and all state capitals.