TNPSC Current Affairs May 2017
1.Tamil Nadu Human Development Index 2017
Tamil Nadu Government has released the Tamil Nadu Human Development report 2017. Kanyakumari emerges as the top performing district in Tamil Nadu, while Perambalur and Ariyalur are in bottom.
The top 5 performing districts are 1.Kanyakumari, 2.Virudhunagar,3.Thoothukudi.4,Chennai,5.Kancheepuram and the bottom 5 low performing districts are 32.Ariyalur,31.Perambalur, 30.Theni,29.Villupuram, 28.Tiruvarur.
About the Report:
- The Report summarizes overall development of the state, it helps the state in planning for growth, social justice and equity in coming years.
- It was calculated using per capita income, education, employment, life expectancy at birth, gender equity and access of basic needs.
- The report has recommended to increase in investment in primary livelihood, education and health sectors in the low performing Districts.
2.Convergence of Sagarmala- DDUGKY for Skill Development in Coastal Districts
The Ministry of Shipping and the Ministry of Rural Development has signed a MoU for Skills development of youth in coastal Areas. The MoU is for convergence of the Ministry of Shipping project Sagarmala and Ministry of Rural Development’s Flagship programme Deen Dayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDUGKY).
The Aim of the convergence is expected to bring DDUGKY skilling expertise to provide skilling for the coastal communities, which helps them to take advantage of the job opportunities that expected to come up in the maritime sector under project Sagarmala.
About Sagarmala Project:
The Aim of the project is to promote port-led direct and indirect development and to provide infrastructure to transport goods to and from ports quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively.
It will focus on 3 main areas,
- Supporting and enabling Port-led Development through appropriate policy and institutional interventions and providing for an institutional framework for ensuring inter-agency and ministries/departments/states’ collaboration for integrated development.
- Port Infrastructure Enhancement, including modernization and setting up of new ports
- Efficient Evacuation to and from hinterland.
The Scheme of Deen Dayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushal Yojana (DDUGKY) is being implemented by Ministry of Rural Development is a placement linked skill development scheme for the rural youth. It is an part of National Rural Livelihood Mission
3.Tamil Nadu Government to review the implementation of manual scavenging.
Tamil Nadu Government has created a state monitoring committee to review the implementation of the Prohibition of Employment as Manual Scavengers and Their Rehabilitation Act and Rules 2013.
Chief Minister will Chair the Committee which includes 26 members including 2 MLA’s. the Panel will monitor and advise authorities on effective implementation of the act.
Post a Comment