TNPSC Current Affairs April 2017
IISc Researchers found Eco-friendly way of recycling e-waste.
Researchers from Indian Institute of Science have found a different way to recycle the Electronic waste or e-waste in an environmentally friendly manner.
About the process:
The new way is based on idea of crushing e-waste into nanosize particles using a ball mill at very low temperature ranging From -50 to -150 degree Celcius.
Once it curshed for 30 minutes, different forms of materials like metals, oxides and polymer, which forms the electronic items get physically reduced into their constituent phases.
It is then separated without using chemicals and usage of low temperature grinding eliminates noxious emission.
- E-waste also called electronic waste, which means that electronic products that have become un wanted or useless or non-working or obsolete
- E-waste which affects the human body because it contains plethora of toxic components including Mercury, Lead, Cadmium, Polybrominated Flame Retardants, Barium and Lithium
- If electronic waste thrown in landfills, toxins of electronic may leach into ground water which affect local resources
- If electronic waste burned it create cancer producing dioxin which released in Air.
- In simple terms, shredding, burning, and dismantling the electronic waste , emmission from this recycling will affect health as well as environment
Post a Comment