TNPSC Current Affairs April 2017
Nepal-China joint military drills Sagarmatha Friendship-2017 kicks off.
Nepal and China Joint military drills named Sagarmatha Friendship 2017 kicked off in Kathmandu, which focus on tactics of counter insurgency and counter terrorism. The 10 day military drill was first of its kind between the armies of both countries.
- This is first-ever Joint military drills , with a special focus on combating terror and disaster management.
- Sagarmatha is the name derived from Mount Everest (local name of Mt.Everest)
- Nepal army said it is a part our wish to give continuity to join military exercise with neighbouring countries, in view of the emerging terrorism as a larger threat, these kind of exercise will help enhance our preparedness against terrorism that has posed as a serious security threat globally.
- Nepal has been holding joint military exercises with other countries including India and the United States.
- The exercise will enhance mutual trust and confidence between both armies and promote bilateral cooperation between both countries.