TNPSC Current Affairs April 2017
India Mongolia joint exercise – Nomadic Elephant
The 14 day Joint military exercise –Nomadic Elephant between India and Mongolia underway at Vairengte in Mizoram from 05 April 2017 and will ends on 18 April 2017.
About the Exercise.
- This was the 12th “iteration of Indo-Mongolian Joint Military Exercise Nomadic Elephant” exercise aimed in training troops in counter-insurgency and counter terrorism operation.
- The joint exercise will help in strengthening the defence cooperation and military relation between both India and Mongolia.
- The exercise will help both the armies in sharing their experience and gain mutually.
- The exercise includes convoy protection, room intervention drills, ambush/counter-ambush drills while jointly conducting counter-terrorist operations under the United Nations mandate.
- The Mongolian army is represented by 9 officers and 36 soldiers of the elite 084 special forces task Battalion and the Indian Army represented by 3 officers,4 JCOs and 39 soldiers of Jammu and Kashmir Rifles.
Post a Comment