TNPSC Current Affairs March 2017
Union Cabinet approves new commission for socially, educationally backward classes.
Union Cabinet has approved setting up of National commission for Socially and educationally backward classes (NSEBC) as a constitutional body which will replace existing National Commission for Backward class (NCBC). The union cabinet was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
This amendment will insert new article 338B in Constitution and new clause 26C under Article 366 will define the term “ socially and Educationally backward classes”.
- The New Amendment will create National Commission for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes ( NSEBC as) under new article 338B in constitution.
- It will replace current National Commission for Backward classes act, 1993 and its rules framed under the act.
- It will insert provision to provide parliament’s approval for every inclusion into and exclusion from the central list of other backward classes under article 341,342 viz 342A.
- It also define the term “Socially and Educationally Backward classes” inserting new clause (26C) under Article 366
- It will dissolute the commission constituted under act 1993 and will compose new commission “National commission for socially and Educationally Backward classes, with a chairperson, vice chairperson and 3 other members.