TNPSC Current Affairs March 2017
Tamil Nadu Budget 2017
Tamil Nadu Finance minister D Jayakumar presented the Budget for 2017 in Tamil Nadu Assembly. This is the first budget for Tamil Nadu Chief Minister E.Palaniswami.
Important highlights of Budget:
- As per the current budget, the total revenue of Tamil Nadu is Rs 1,59,363 crore and the total expenditure is Rs 1,75,293 crore and the fiscal deficit is Rs 15,930 crore.
- Ministry will set up two model residential schools at Javvadhu Hills along with hostel facilities for the benefit of tribal communities at a cost Rs 24 crore.
- Kancheepuram will get the medical park at a cost of Rs 130 Crore.
- Tamirabarani-Nambiyaaru river linking project gets Rs 300 crore.
- Allocation of Rs 300 crore to Kudimaramathu project.
- Allocation of Rs 250 crore to Athikadavu-Avinasi project.
- Fishing harbour will be built in Mookaiyur in Ramanathapuram district
- Infant mortality rate has come down to 19/1000 cases and Maternal Mortality rate by 67/1000 cases.Tamil Nadu also achieved the National goal.
- MGNREGA work days has been increased from 100 to 150 days.