TNPSC Current Affairs March 2017
Union government approves revised pact with Bangladesh to set up Border Haats
The Union Cabinet has given its nod to the revised MoU( Memorandum of Understanding ) and Mode of Operation between India and Bangladesh for establishing Border Haats.
About establishing border Haats
- Border Haats main objective is to promote the welfare of people living in border area of India and Bangladesh by promoting traditional way of marketing the local produce items through local markets.
- It will help to increase the economic condition of the people reside in Indo-Bangladesh border.
- AS of now there are 4 border haats operating in border of India and Bangladesh. ,2 border haats in Tripura and 2 in Meghalaya.
- It was established and operationalized under the MoU and Mode of operation of Border Haat signed in Oct 23rd 2010 between India and Bangladesh.
- Now the MoU has been revised and will provide a legal framework for establishment and operationalization of additional Border Haats.
Post a Comment